Keeneland is searching for new faces to join our team of BETologist for the 2014 fall race meet. This highly visible role is now the benchmark for tracks across the country for new fan education. BETologist interact one-on-one with race day fans to increase their knowledge of horse racing by explaining how to place bets, how to read a race program, and providing general information about horse racing. The goal of the BETologist team is to provide race fans with a wonderful Keeneland experience. BETologist also help promote and sign-up new customers for our online wagering platform, Keeneland Select, and Keeneland’s FastBet mobile wagering platform.
- Provide excellent customer service for all race fans.
- Sign-up customers to Keeneland Select for online wagering.
- Set up FastBet accounts for fans to bet on their mobile device while at Keeneland.
- Interact with crowd to explain how to read a program, betting options and how to make better choices.
- Answer general questions about Keeneland.
What we are looking for:
- A winning smile, positive outlook, motivated and out-going personality.
- A genuine interest in horse racing. Obsessed fans are preferred.
- Basic knowledge of betting on horse racing. Candidates will receive training but those with previous wagering knowledge are preferred.
- Engage with new and seasoned fans effectively.
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment.
Keeneland’s Fall Race Meet runs October 3-25, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays. Work hours are Wednesdays through Sundays from 10:00 a.m. until approximately 6:30 p.m., depending on the post time of the last race for that day. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates are not required to work every day and hours are flexible with schedules. Candidates with the ability to work more hours are preferred.