Keeneland is seeking candidates for a part-time position with Inside Maintenance. These employees are responsible for keeping Keeneland office buildings, clubhouse, grandstand, sales pavilion, or other buildings and premises in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keeps tunnels clean.
- Operates high speed buffer, carpet extractor, roto pressure sprayer, floor scrubber and various other machines.
- Paints and places signs as needed.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment. Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets and ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Cleans paddock area, blows leaves, picks up trash, removes snow, and salts walkways.
- Delivers messages. Transports small equipment, tools, and other equipment between departments. Sets up tables and chairs in facilities as needed.
- Provides general office assistance by running errands, delivering mail, cleaning kitchen, making coffee and other duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Kentucky Horse Racing Authority License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.