Keeneland’s Spring Race Meet runs April 3-24, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays and off on Easter Sunday (April 5). Associates work approximately 15 days during April and 17 days during October live racing and other special events as needed. Work hours are Wednesdays through Sundays. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates are not required to work every day and hours are flexible with schedules. Candidates with the ability to work more hours are preferred. Mandatory criminal records check required at time of hire; random drug screening may be performed during employment. Keeneland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The seasonal, part-time Admissions Associate is the first line of Keeneland customer service and dedicated to the efficient servicing of all Keeneland patrons. This position also interacts with personnel at all levels. The position includes walk-up ticket sales, pre-purchased ticket scanning and will call. Admissions associates are stationed throughout Keeneland entrances including the Clubhouse and General Will Call booths as well as the North, South, East and Horsemen’s gates. Submit your resume online
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Keeneland in a professional manner by engaging patrons with eye contact, a smile and utmost courtesy.
- Greet patrons, club members, trustees and other attendees during live racing or other events on various parts of the property.
- Handle cash or credit card transactions, keep a balanced cash drawer, operate digital ticket scanner and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Will Call Window Teller
- Organize and verify day-of will call envelopes.
- Provide envelopes as requested by customers.
- Research missing envelopes and assist patrons with ticket problems.
- Maintain and stock supplies for admissions booths; monitor ticket stock levels in the kiosks and refill as needed.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly to patron and employee complaints in a professional, tactful manner; ensure issues that require additional attention are discussed with management in a discreet manner.
- Address patrons and co-workers in a kind, considerate manner ensuring interactions are upbeat and positive.
- Keep work area (elevator, stairwell, sidewalks, etc.) neat and presentable to the best of abilities.
- Actively contribute to the efforts of other admissions positions and departments when necessary.
- Abide by company policies including no smoking, wagering or eating at workstation on company time; consistently maintain workplace professionalism in dress and appearance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Keeneland:
- Brief history of Keeneland as a Thoroughbred race track and sales facility.
- Communicate services and amenities of the property to the guests.
- Locations of restrooms, dining rooms, concession stands, corporate boxes, Clubhouse, elevators, escalators, mutuel windows, first aid, betting stations and other important locations.
- Scheduled daily group activities and other daily initiatives.
- Count money, process credit cards and daily balance cash drawer.
- Ability to work in a sitting or standing position or enclosed space for long periods of time (up to five hours).
- Must be able to perform in various weather elements including heat, cold, humidity, rain, wind or snow.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (speak, read, write) with patrons, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
Mandatory criminal records check required at time of hire; random drug screening may be performed during employment. Keeneland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.