ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and supervises floor maintenance and other schedules as assigned by Foreman.
- Possesses knowledge of all cleaning procedures and cleaning chemicals used within and outside of Keeneland's structures.
- Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Directs workers, in Foreman's absence, in projects such as floor maintenance, room set-up, moving furniture, and overall cleaning of Keeneland buildings and furniture. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet schedules.
- Studies work schedules and estimates worker's hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Operates Keeneland vehicle to travel across grounds.
- Recommends measures to improve cleaning procedures, equipment performance and quality of work.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, in Foreman's absence, and initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Communicates with Foreman to coordinate activities for other departments.
- Controls and maintains inventory.
- Locks Keeneland structures and secures keys.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and seminars.
Manages daily work schedules and projects as well as directing the maintenance and care of equipment. This person supervises an average of five to fifteen employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED. Education can be enhanced with professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and seminars.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license and a Kentucky Horse Racing Commission License is required.
This person should exemplify excellent customer relations toward visitors and co-workers. Must be organized and proactive while possessing good interpersonal skills by influencing and motivating people in a positive and constructive way.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.