Keeneland’s Spring Race Meet runs April 3-24, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays and off on Easter Sunday (April 5). Associates work approximately 15 days during April and 17 days during October live racing and other special events as needed. Work hours are Wednesdays through Sundays. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates are not required to work every day and hours are flexible with schedules. Candidates with the ability to work more hours are preferred. Mandatory criminal records check required at time of hire; random drug screening may be performed during employment. Keeneland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The seasonal, part-time Guest Services Associate is the first line of Keeneland customer service and dedicated to the efficient servicing of all Keeneland patrons. This position also interacts with personnel at all levels. Guest Services Associates may be assigned to various locations across the grounds including: main entrance gates, Clubhouse, corporate boxes, elevators, escalators, dining rooms, Paddock, Grandstand and beyond. Submit your resume online
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Keeneland in a professional and positive manner by engaging patrons with eye contact, a smile and utmost courtesy.
- Greet patrons, club members, trustees and other attendees during live racing or other events on various parts of the property.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly to patron and employee complaints in a professional, tactful manner; ensure issues that require additional attention are discussed with management in a discreet manner.
- Monitor and restrict access to private areas such as the Clubhouse, corporate boxes, dining rooms and other controlled locations.
- May be assigned additional duties such as restricting paddock access, coat check, and elevator/ escalator safety.
- Provide information to patrons such as entrance/exits, restrooms, concession stands, program booths, etc.
- Keep work area (elevator, stairwell, sidewalks, etc.) neat and presentable to the best of abilities.
- Actively contribute to the efforts of other guest services positions and departments when necessary.
- Abide by company policies including no smoking, wagering or eating at workstation on company time; consistently maintain workplace professionalism in dress and appearance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Keeneland:
- Brief history of Keeneland as a Thoroughbred race track and sales facility.
- Communicate services and amenities of the property to the guests.
- Locations of restrooms, dining rooms, concession stands, corporate boxes, Clubhouse, elevators, escalators, mutuel windows, first aid, betting stations and other important locations.
- Scheduled daily group activities and other daily initiatives.
- Additional duties based on daily assignment will be assigned.
- Ability to work in a sitting or standing position or enclosed space for long periods of time (up to five hours).
- Must be able to perform in various weather elements including heat, cold, humidity, rain, wind or snow.
- Must be able and willing to relocate to other guest services positions on short notice.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (speak, read, write) with patrons, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.