Keeneland’s Spring Race Meet runs April 3-24, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays and off on Easter Sunday (April 5). Associates work approximately 18 days during April and October live racing and other special events as needed. Work days are Wednesdays through Sundays. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates with the ability to work more days and hours are preferred.
The seasonal, part-time Parking Attendant is dedicated to the efficient servicing of all Keeneland patrons. This position also interacts with personnel at all levels. Parking attendants assist patrons in the parking of automobiles on Keeneland grounds. Associates are stationed throughout various parking lots including preferred parking, employee parking, The Hill, valet, barn areas and other places as needed. Associates work approximately 15 days during April and 17 days during October live racing and other special events as needed. Submit your resume online
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patrons, club members, trustees and other attendees during live racing or other events on various parts of the property.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Use hand signals and lights to direct patrons into open spots.
- Position or remove barricades to prevent parking in certain spots.
- Manipulate vehicles to take advantage of all spaces.
- Collect fees from patrons wishing to park in preferred parking.
- Clean up debris from parking lot.
- Help patrons locate their vehicles.
- Contact Keeneland Security if a person is parked illegally, has a flat tire, needs a cab or tow truck or has other additional needs including parking lot disputes.
- Help patrons exit parking lot safely.
- Give directions to nearest highway or destination.
- Actively contribute to the efforts of other parking positions and departments when necessary.
- Keep work area (parking space, lot aisles, etc.) neat and presentable to the best of abilities.
- Abide by company policies including no smoking, wagering or eating at workstation on company time; consistently maintain workplace professionalism in dress and appearance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Keeneland:
- Brief history of Keeneland as a Thoroughbred race track and sales facility.
- Communicate entrance gates to patrons.
- Scheduled daily group activities and other daily initiatives.
- Ability to work in a sitting position for long periods of time (up to five hours).
- Must be able to perform in various weather elements including heat, cold, humidity, rain, wind or snow.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to change work locations based on management needs.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (speak, read, write) with patrons, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.