About Keeneland Elite
Keeneland Elite is the professional internship program which provides students with hands-on experience in various niches of the Thoroughbred racing and sales industry.
The intent of Keeneland Elite is to:
- Demonstrate to students how to create, implement and evaluate work in their career field;
- Utilize social media and technology-based talents;
- Enhance skills in communications, customer service, marketing, and other areas while taking future interests into consideration;
- Complete necessary organizational and administrative tasks related to the essential functions of Keeneland’s business and brand.
Keeneland Elite provides each student with a personal mentor and guide throughout the duration of the program. Internships are offered up to 16 weeks during the fall and spring semesters. Summer internships may be available in certain departments. All internships are paid at a rate of $8.25 per hour with an average of 25 hours per week. Additional hours may be accrued during sales and racing months.
Keeneland offers internships in the following areas: communications, event planning, graphic design, hospitality administration, library science, and marketing (advertising, social media).
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree, or recent graduate of an accredited institution
- Class standing of a junior or above
- 18 years of age or older
How to Apply
Keeneland Elite internships will be posted to the Keeneland employment page in March for summer/fall internships and October for winter/spring internships. Postings will include job descriptions and other detailed information. Cover letter, resume and portfolio (communications, graphic design and marketing) are required at time of application. All information will be screened by Human Resources and passed onward to departmental managers for review. Acceptance notification will be given at least three weeks prior to internship start date.
Contact Alexis Witherspoon, Employee Recruitment & Retention Coordinator, at email@example.com or (859)288.4158.