New Design Emphasizes Functionality While Showcasing Keeneland’s Beauty
LEXINGTON, KY (July 20, 2012) – The Keeneland Association unveiled its newly revamped website this week. The site, which is located at www.keeneland.com, was completely redesigned after a nearly year-long process that included discussions with major stake holders regarding functionality and content. Highlighted by a fresh, clean look, it can be easily viewed in a tablet or iPad format.
Among the changes guests will see when they visit the new site:
- The home page and sub-home pages will be more functional during live events such as racing or sales. During those events, the pages will be updated to provide the user with the latest and most important information at-a-glance;
- The addition of an interactive map that will allow users to pinpoint his/her destination and navigate more easily around Keeneland’s 1,000+ acre complex;
- The addition of a Plan Your Event section aimed at assisting those guests who wish to host a special event at Keeneland. It provides detailed information about Keeneland’s different venues, including capacity and rental information;
- The addition of the Discover Keeneland section where general fans can find fun, interesting content such as photo galleries, a downloadable self-guided tour, Keeneland Magazine stories and more;
- Improved photo and video displays to better showcase Keeneland’s unique beauty;
- A user-friendly menu layout and navigation now includes a robust search functionality so that key information is easily located within the site;
- An online calendar of events that is sortable by category; and
- A Keeneland stakes-winning sales graduates list that is now sortable and downloadable for ease of use.
The redesign was careful to maintain the most popular elements of the previous Keeneland.com design, including:
- A wealth of free handicapping information on the site for live racing; and
- Easy access to key pages via quick links, such as sales results, online auction catalogs, entries, race results, scratches, changes, weather and more.
“Our website is the number one source of information for our fans, so we made every effort to improve the site where needed, while enhancing the elements that were already successful,” said Brad Lovell, Keeneland’s Chief Information Officer. “We are proud of our new site and will strive to not only make it the best in our industry, but among the best for any major sporting or business venue.”
The site was designed by an in-house team who worked in conjunction with Keeneland’s longtime agency of record, Cornett Integrated Marketing Solutions.