Keeneland is searching for new faces to join our team of BETologist for the 2015 Spring race meet (April 3- 24). This highly visible role is now the benchmark for tracks across the country for new fan education. BETologist interact one-on-one with race day fans to increase their knowledge of horse racing by explaining how to place bets, how to read a race program, and providing general information about horse racing. The goal of the BETologist team is to provide race fans with a wonderful Keeneland experience. BETologist also help promote and sign-up new customers for our online wagering platform, Keeneland Select, and Keeneland’s FastBet mobile wagering platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Educate new race fans about horse racing utilizing technology to advance the industry.
- Provide the highest level of customer service by answering questions about Keeneland and horse racing.
- Sign up customers for Keeneland Select and FastBet accounts; troubleshoot intermediate issues.
- Represent Keeneland in a professional manner by engaging patrons with eye contact, a smile and utmost courtesy.
- Abide by company policies including no smoking, wagering or eating at workstation on company time; consistently maintain workplace professionalism in dress and appearance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Keeneland:
- Brief history of Keeneland as a Thoroughbred race track and sales facility.
- Communicate services and amenities of the property to the guests.
- Locations of restrooms, dining rooms, concession stands, corporate boxes, Clubhouse, elevators, escalators, mutuel windows, first aid, betting stations and other important locations.
- Scheduled daily group activities and other daily initiatives.
- Ability to utilize smartphones and tablets, navigate the Internet and other technological tools. Tech-savvy candidates are preferred.
- A winning smile, positive outlook, motivated and outgoing personality.
- Basic knowledge of betting on horse racing. Candidates will receive training but those with previous wagering knowledge are preferred.
- Engage with new and seasoned fans effectively.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to five hours).
- Must be able to perform in various weather elements including heat, cold, humidity, rain, wind or snow.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
Keeneland’s Spring Race Meet runs April 3-24, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays and off on Easter Sunday (April 5). Work hours are Wednesdays through Sundays from 10:00 a.m. until approximately 6:30 p.m., depending on the post time of the last race for that day. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates are not required to work every day and hours are flexible with schedules. Candidates with the ability to work more hours are preferred.
Mandatory orientations will be held prior to the beginning of the race meet. Dates for these orientations are not yet scheduled, but those selected will be required to attend.