Keeneland welcomes race fans to celebrate Belmont Day, Saturday, June 7, with a party featuring New York-style food, picnics in the paddock and a full slate of simulcast racing.
The Belmont race card will be simulcast on Keeneland’s infield LED board, and on TVs throughout the grandstand. Monitors also will be dedicated to live coverage of the race.
Fans are welcome to bring their own picnic items, including blankets and lawn chairs, or sample the fare from one of the concession stands or full-service bars open around the grandstand. In honor of the day, Keeneland will feature Manhattan clam chowder, Italian meatball sandwiches and New York cheesecake, as well as the “Belmont Breeze,” the official drink of the Belmont.
The Blue Grass Room will be open on Belmont Day. Reservations may be made by calling 859 288-4213.
The Belmont will cap the $1 million-guaranteed Pick Six that begins with the sixth race (post time TBD) and the $1 million-guaranteed Pick Four, starting with race eight (post time TBD).
Fans also can wager on the Brooklyn Handicap/Belmont Double, which links Friday’s $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (G2) with Saturday’s Belmont, both marathon 1½-mile stakes.
In addition to Belmont, Keeneland will offer simulcast wagering from Arlington, Calder, Churchill Downs, Delaware Park, Golden Gate, Betfair Hollywood, Louisiana Downs, Monmouth, Pimlico, Suffolk Downs and Woodbine.
- Gates open at 9 a.m. ET
- Admission is free
- Free parking
- Grandstand mutuel windows open at 11:05 a.m.
- Post time for Belmont’s first race is TBD.
- Post time for the Belmont Stakes (G1) is TBD.
- Drive-thru mutuel windows will be open Friday from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., and on Saturday from 8 a.m. until Belmont post time.
- Four drive-thru windows will be available on Friday, June 6 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Advance wagering for the entire Belmont Stakes Day card will be available at any mutuel window in the grandstand beginning Friday, June 6 at 12:30 p.m.
- Wagering on the special Brooklyn Handicap/Belmont Stakes Double will be available at 12:30 p.m.