Maker’s Mark and Keeneland are two brands committed to giving back to the community. Since 1997, the two have collaborated on an annual commemorative Maker’s Mark bottle. Bottles have featured a special-edition label depicting well-known members of the Thoroughbred industry or the University of Kentucky athletics world. Sales of these treasured collectibles have raised millions of dollars to benefit deserving causes throughout Central Kentucky.
From Triple Crown winners Secretariat, Seattle Slew and Affirmed to Kentucky’s basketball team known as Rupp’s Runts and current head coach John Calipari, the bottle and its accompanying signing event at Keeneland make up one of the most anticipated events of spring.
Check back for more information on the 2017 commemorative bottle.
2017 Bottle Signing Event Details:
Start Time: To Be Determined
- Bottles are on sale through retail outlets throughout Kentucky on Friday, April 7, 2017. It is the patron’s responsibility to obtain the 2017 bottle for the autograph signing. No bottles are available at Keeneland.
- Participants must be 21 years or older to participate in the bottle signing.
- Signing will be held at the Keeneland Entertainment Center.
- Bottle signing tickets will begin to be distributed by Keeneland Security at approximately 7:00 p.m. (final time TBD) based upon weather and line length on Thursday evening, April 13. Tickets do not hold a particular spot in line. Tickets only guarantees signatures if in line as noted below.
- Once a ticket is received, the holder may leave the premises and return by 7:00 a.m. Friday, April 14, for guaranteed signatures. Final time to be determined – check back for updates. When returning to the property, the ticket holder will join the line at the end.
- Duplicate tickets will not be accepted.
- There is no line position holding by people who are in line early; anyone cutting in line may be ejected from the property and would not be eligible to have bottles signed.
- Each ticket allows the ticket bearer to have two (2) 2017 Maker’s Mark/Keeneland Commemorative bottles signed on Friday, April 14. No other memorabilia will be signed.
- Ticket holders must be at Keeneland no later than 7:00 a.m. Friday morning. Final time to be determined – check back for updates. Parking will be available in the Keeneland Entertainment Center parking lot beginning Thursday evening and continuing through Friday morning.
- There is no camping overnight on Wed., April 12.
- Restrooms will be available for those camping overnight at Keeneland on Thursday night, April 13.
- Ticket holders camping out Thursday evening, April 13, and all participants arriving Friday morning, April 15, must abide by all policies and procedures or may be ejected from the property.
- Policies include, but are not limited to:
- Line may start forming after 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 13 - at the Keeneland Entertainment Center as designated by Keeneland Security
- Must be in line by 7:00 a.m. on Friday, April 14. Final time to be determined – check back for updates.
- No alcohol (other than the 2017 bottle)
- No coolers inside the Keeneland Entertainment Center/Keene Barn.
- Photos are permitted during the signing, but no posing with any of the signers at the signing table
- If tickets are copied to use for line access, the holders may be ejected from the property and will not be allowed to participate in the bottle signing.
- The bottle signing start time is to be determined. Details will be updated closer to the race meet.
- Bottle Signers: To Be Determined