The following information should be attached as a pdf when you Submit your information online:
- Cover Letter
The Corporate Relations internship will run January through May 2015. For questions or concerns about the internship process, please contact Alexis Witherspoon, Employee Recruitment & Retention Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859)288.4158.
Corporate Relations Intern
The Corporate Relations intern will assist the Sponsorship Director in supporting corporate sponsors and vendors, as well as planning and implementing sponsorship programs. Students will have the opportunity to work with marketing, sales and racing teams, and gain a greater understanding of Keeneland and the Thoroughbred industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Sponsorship director with the planning and implementation of Keeneland’s live race meet sponsorships.
- Represent Keeneland by meeting with sponsor representatives leading up to and on sponsorship day.
- Communicate with sponsor representatives to confirm event details and arrangements.
- Ensure that sponsor contracts are carried out effectively through signage, media, and promotional materials.
- Organize Best Turned Out program on designated sponsor days (entails communication with internal and external contacts, creating flyers, escorting presenters, award ceremony).
- Assist in planning and execution of hospitality areas to include corporate boxes, clubhouse, tents and other on-site facilities.
- Compile and delivery/mailing ticket packages to sponsors.
- Assist with organizing digital photo files.
- Assist in preparing sponsor recaps for each corporate day.
- Currently enrolled as a junior or senior, or recently earned a degree in Marketing, Communications, Integrated Strategic Communications or a related field.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills; ability to work with diverse clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with social networking sites.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible, a proven self-starter.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to follow Keeneland’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge/experience in Thoroughbred industry preferred.