Louis Lee Haggin II was elected Keeneland Race Course president, a position he held until 1956.
The first yearling sale at Keeneland was conducted by Fasig-Tipton under a tent in the paddock. The auction ran for three days (Aug. 9-11)
Keeneland, rated a "suburban" plant, was requested not to operate during World War II due to the shortage of rubber. Keeneland Association leased the facilities at Churchill Downs, where streetcars ran, and conducted Spring Meets there during 1943-1945.
Keeneland used the photo-finish camera for the first time.
Keeneland installed an inside aluminum rail for its Spring Meet, replacing the conventional wooden one. The new rail, at a cost of approximately $5,000, was the first of its kind to be used at an American race track.