The following information should be attached as a pdf when you Submit your resume online:
- Cover Letter
The Group Sales internship will run mid-August through December, 2014. For questions or concerns about the internship process, please contact Alexis Witherspoon, Employee Recruitment & Retention Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859)288.4158.
Group Sales Internship
The Group Sales intern will assist the Special Events team with planning and executing events during live racing and non-racing seasons. This will include night and weekend events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with compiling and mailing/hand-delivering ticket packages for race meet groups.
- Assist with signage for events.
- Communicate with clients to confirm event details, AV needs and timeline.
- Represent Keeneland by meeting with client the day-of the event.
- Assist Marketing Department on large promotion days when extra help is needed.
- Shadow site visits with groups and individuals.
- Prepare informational packets for site visits.
- Check event setups in venues.
- Maintain database of corporate and individual event contacts.
- Return phone calls to prospective clients and gather event information.
- Currently enrolled as a junior or senior, or recently earned a degree in Marketing, Communications, Integrated Strategic Communications, Hospitality & Tourism, or a related field.
- Must be available on weekends and flexible on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the October race meet.
- Must have flexible class schedule to hold office hours during the week.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills; ability to work with diverse clientele.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized with the abilitiy to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative, flexible and a proven self-starter.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to follow Keeneland's policies and procedures.
- Knowledge/experience in the Thoroughbred industry preferred.