Pickup material and equipment and deliver to off-sight job locations. Must have a Kentucky Class A – CDL Restrictions O – (no tractor trailer) Endorsements: Tank A; Engage in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings, equipment and maintaining grounds by performing the following duties personally and with the assistance of Maintenance personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Proficient in performing necessary pre-trip inspections, properly maintain and document entries in the Daily Log Book. Perform all Maintenance I and II position duties and responsibilities, train maintenance personnel increasing their ability to complete more complex tasks and support the maintenance supervisor in the completion of Thoroughbred Center and Custom Project task requirements. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate all equipment satisfactorily to load and unload at off-sight job locations.
- Operate all lawn equipment to complete both the Thoroughbred Center property and Custom Project requirements.
- Plan from start to finish all necessary repairs to make vacated stalls ready for occupancy.
- Complete routine tasks necessary to maintain a well-groomed appearance of the Thoroughbred Center property.
- Operate heavy equipment necessary to complete both minor and major repairs to the Thoroughbred Center roads, horse paths, barn shed rows, daily operational and Custom Project task requirements.
- Identify abnormal equipment running conditions, perform basic preventative and corrective maintenance requirements to all Thoroughbred Center equipment.
- Complete both basic and advanced repairs to the Thoroughbred Center and Custom Project properties, including but not limited to structural, masonry, woodwork (including fence construction and repair), and furnishings of buildings, plumbing, heating and minor electrical repairs.
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies.
- Communicate with group leaders and maintenance supervisor to coordinate actions necessary to support both the Thoroughbred Center and Custom Project requirements.
- Ensures completed work conforms to all specifications and standards.
Supervise full-time and seasonal employees in the maintenance department and custom projects division. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a Kentucky Class A – CDL Restrictions O – (no tractor trailer) Endorsements: Tank A;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Kentucky Class A – CDL Restrictions O – (no tractor trailer) Endorsements: Tank A;
Kentucky Horse Racing Authority License is required for all track workers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; balance; climb up and down stairs in warehouse and gift shop, climb ladders and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities are also required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employees is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.