Keeneland’s Spring Race Meet runs April 3-24, with no racing on Mondays or Tuesdays and off on Easter Sunday (April 5). Associates work approximately 18 days during April and October live racing and other special events as needed.Work hours are Wednesdays through Sundays. Other opportunities may allow for extra hours throughout the meet. Candidates are not required to work every day and hours are flexible with schedules. Candidates with the ability to work more hours are preferred.
The seasonal, part-time Programs Associate is dedicated to the efficient servicing of all Keeneland patrons. This position also interacts with personnel at all levels. Associates sell racing programs to patrons on race day. Associates are stationed throughout Keeneland grounds including all three levels of the Grandstand, The Hill, the Equestrian Room, as well as the North, South and East gates. Submit your resume online
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet patrons, club members, trustees and other attendees during live racing or other events on various parts of the property.
- Sell patrons and other customers a racing program, daily racing form or other information.
- Handle cash transactions and keep a balanced cash drawer.
- Familiar with the daily program, daily racing form and other programs-related information.
- Maintain and stock supplies for programs booths.
- Actively contribute to the efforts of other programs positions and departments when necessary.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Engage patrons as unique individuals; talk, listen and resolve conflicts with patrons and other guests.
- Keep work area (elevator, stairwell, sidewalks, etc.) neat and presentable to the best of abilities.
- Abide by company policies including no smoking, wagering or eating at workstation on company time; consistently maintain workplace professionalism in dress and appearance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Keeneland:
- Brief history of Keeneland as a Thoroughbred race track and sales facility.
- Communicate services and amenities of the property to the guests.
- Locations of restrooms, dining rooms, concession stands, corporate boxes, Clubhouse, elevators, escalators, mutuel windows, first aid, betting stations and other important locations.
- Scheduled daily group activities and other daily initiatives.
- Count money and daily balance cash drawer.
- Ability to work in a sitting or standing position or enclosed space for long periods of time (up to five hours).
- Must be able to perform in various weather elements including heat, cold, humidity, rain, wind or snow.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (speak, read, write) with patrons, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
Mandatory criminal records check required at time of hire; random drug screening may be performed during employment. Keeneland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.