Beginning March 2013, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is working on major improvements to Versailles Road/US 60 between New Circle Road (KY 4) in Fayette County and Blue Grass Parkway in Woodford County. The construction is expected to continue for the next eight to 10 months and could impact traffic patterns for those attending Keeneland’s 2013 spring meeting.
To that end, Keeneland would like to make the following recommendations to our guests attending our spring meeting:
- Plan to arrive early. Give yourself an extra few minutes to get to the races. It may take a little extra time, but it will be worth it when you arrive and enjoy a terrific day at the races. Keeneland’s Sunrise Trackside program takes place every Saturday and includes activities all morning long including breakfast, equine demonstrations, Jockey Q and A and free tours. Visit Keeneland.com for more information.
- Tailgate Lot on Saturdays. Enjoy Keeneland’s new and improved tailgate lot beginning at 11 a.m. every Saturday. Amenities include food trucks, a jumbo screen video wall and wagering. You may also purchase a race day program and general admission tickets from a guest services employee and take a free shuttle up to the track to watch the races live.
- Plan to stay a little later. Keeneland is adding a few extra features that will make it fun to stick around a little later including live music in the Mezzanine Bar Friday, April 5, 12 and 19, The Markey Cancer Concert on the Lawn on April 26 and Bluegrass Music in the tailgate lot on Saturday, April 20.
- Carpool. The flow of traffic is directly impacted by the number of cars traveling to our facility, so whenever possible, we encourage you to carpool. If you are a hotel guest, check with the front desk to see if your hotel offers a Keeneland shuttle to and from the track.
- Drive carefully. When you are in the construction zone, please drive carefully and be mindful of the workers. Their safety is paramount.
- Drive slowly. There is a reduced speed limit in the construction zone, with double fines in place for anyone who exceeds the speed limit. Save your money for the betting windows.
- Lextran. Lexington’s public transportation system, Lextran, will be providing shuttle service to Keeneland each race day for $1. Riders will also receive a $2 food voucher valid at any Keeneland concession stand when riding on Fridays and Saturdays. Check lextran.com/Keeneland for routes and schedule.
- Blue White Game. On Toyota Blue Grass Stakes Day–Saturday, April 13–Keeneland is partnering with LexTran and the University of Kentucky to offer shuttle service from Commonwealth Stadium to Keeneland. Fans can park at Commonwealth, take the shuttle to Keeneland for the race day and return back to Commonwealth on the shuttle in time for the 7 p.m. kick off. Shuttles to Keeneland from Commonwealth will run from 11:30 until 2:00 p.m., with shuttles returning to Commonwealth from 4:30 until 6:45 p.m. Shuttles run approximately every 30 minutes.
For the latest updates, follow the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s official twitter account for the US 60/Versailles Road project at www.twitter.com/VersaillesRoad.
Download the pdf of alternate routes & entrances.