Saturday, May 3 - Derby Day
Derby Day General Information
- General admission is $5.00 and parking is free.
- Gates open at 9:00 a.m.
- First post at Churchill Downs is 10:30 a.m. EDT Oaks and Derby Days
- Approximate post time for the Kentucky Derby is 6:24 p.m.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Tents, canopies, grills and glass are not permitted in the paddock, walking ring or terrace.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring alcohol.
- Coolers are allowed, but are subject to inspection.
Corporate boxes and meeting space are still available for the Kentucky Derby. For rates and availability, contact Kate McLean at email@example.com or 859.288.4367.
Wagering on The Kentucky Derby
Beat the crowd with our advanced wagering options and place your Derby bets a day early at Keeneland, The Kentucky Horse Park or the Thoroughbred Center on Paris Pike. All locations open at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday, with Keeneland’s 12 drive-thru lanes opening at 7:30 on Derby day only.
- Keeneland Grandstand Mutuels: 10 a.m.
- Keeneland Drive-thru Wagering: 7:30 a.m. – Derby post-time (approximately 6:24 p.m.)
- Kentucky Horse Park Drive-thru Wagering: 8 a.m. – Derby post-time (approximately 6:24 p.m.)
- Thoroughbred Center on Paris Pike: 8 a.m. - Derby post-time (approximately 6:24 p.m.)
Note: No drive-thru wagering offered at the Red Mile.