Saturday, May 7 - Derby Day
Derby Day General Information
- Gates open at 9:00 a.m.
- First post at Churchill Downs is 10:30 a.m. ET Oaks and Derby Days
- Approximate post time for the Kentucky Derby is 6:34 p.m.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Tents, canopies, grills and glass are not permitted in the Paddock, Walking Ring or North Terrace.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring alcohol.
- Coolers are allowed, but are subject to inspection.
- General admission is $5.00 and parking is free.
- Purchase General Admission Tickets
- Watch and wager on Derby Day at The Hill, featuring a wagering tent, big screen TV, music and local food trucks.
- The designated tailgating lot is located adjacent to the Entertainment Center and Keene Barn and is accessible via Gate 4 at no charge. Complimentary shuttle service is available to the grandstand area.
- Don’t miss Keeneland’s Derby Bash in the Keene Barn & Entertainment Center from 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- The event is perfect for celebrating with a group of friends and includes a Kentucky themed buffet served from 12:00-3:00 p.m., souvenir program, Maker's Mark mint julep, live music and cash bar. Snacks will be served from 3:00-7:00 p.m.
- Guests will enjoy a choice of table seating in either the temperature-controlled Entertainment Center, $520 per table of eight ($70 per person) or the open-air Keene Barn, $440 per table of eight ($60 per person). Live music in Keene Barn.
Preferred Seating Options
Preferred seating is available in many of Keeneland’s fine dining rooms opening at 11 a.m. on Derby Day. Casual attire. Buffets are available from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*Cancellation Policy: Guests may cancel their reservations up to 72 hours before the reservation date for a 50 percent refund. Note, cancellations must be done by table and not by seat.
Lexington and Kentucky Rooms - Fourth Floor Grandstand
- $220 per table of four (includes general admission, room admission, buffet and official souvenir program). Purchase
Phoenix Room - Fourth Floor Grandstand
- $220 per table of four and $330 per table of six (includes general admission, room admission, buffet and official souvenir program). Purchase
Equestrian Room - First Floor Grandstand
- $30 per person room admission (Sold by table of 2, 4, 6 or 8 – limit 8) (includes general admission and souvenir program – menu is A la carte) $10 food minimum, except for children 12 and under. Purchase
Keeneland Club Members
Corporate boxes and meeting space are still available for the Kentucky Derby. For more information regarding special event options, please contact Morgan Whitney, Business Development Manager at (859) 288-4322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.