Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Wednesday, April 27
(3) Tapanna gets an edge for having a start over the track and Maker is shooting for the trainer title.
(7) Dangerous Dan gets Johnny V in the saddle for Ward and the local works are very sharp.
(4) Rusticana is the pick for a price, as the favorites look vulnerable here. Rusticana makes third start off the layoff and may improve enough to win this. Exacta boxes 6-5, 6-1
(5) Capt Grider has worked sensationally over this track and the trainer goes to a rider who excels at getting horses out of the gate quickly. (4) Price too High for Ward is certainly the one to beat. Exacta box 5-4
(8) Flatter Chatter is working well for trainer Correas, whose horses have outrun their odds at this meet and his go-to rider has been Lopez. Exacta boxes 8-6, 8-5, 8-2, 8-1
(7) Kitzys Rocket is the only Gulfstream shipper and that angle has been productive in these turf allowance races this spring. Castellano in the saddle is a plus, too, as he bids for a riding title. Exacta boxes 7-3, 7-4, 7-1, 7-11
(6) No Hiding Place beat half the field in a grade 3 here earlier this meet and now goes into a softer spot and should be very tough to beat at a very short price. If you want to try and beat him, (2) Tiger Tank is the best option. Exacta boxes 6-5, 6-2
(10) Amnicalola comes out of a race in which the runnerup came back to win and Leparoux is riding great, especially on the turf here. Exacta boxes 10-8, 10-1, 10-2, 10-14
Late Pick 4 (starts in 5th): 8,6,5 with 7,3,4,1,11 with 6,2 with 10,8,1,2,14,11,6 (to save $, single the '6' in the third leg)