Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Thursday, April 28
(4) Midnight Dance showed big improvement last time and these connections are shooting for another owner's title so I'm guessing they are going all out to win with where they spot their horses this week. Exacta boxes 4-2, 4-3, 4-5
(4) Scout Leader improved in the first start for trainer Brad Cox and he has run well here. Exacta boxes 4-5, 4-1
(2) Tizthedream drops in class and I'm thinking the McPeek might heat up this week. Exacta boxes 2-7, 2-6
(8) American Cowgirl caught tough fields in her first two starts and might find this to be a softer spot. Leparoux in the saddle is a plus, too, as he's been hot lately. (9) Creative Thought intrigues me, too, off a good local work pattern. Exacta boxes 8-3, 8-5, 8-7, 8-9
(8) Red Lodge should have won the debut and he finished almost eight lengths ahead of the third-place finisher in that race. Exacta boxes 8-7, 8-3
(3) Sayler's Creek is another from the Ramsey stable that looks to be spotted for a win on the class drop. Castellano, who is fighting for the riding title, is a plus as well. Exacta boxes 3-6, 3-5, 3-4
(5) Sky Hero is working superbly on this track and he improved when switched to the turf last fall. No standout here so don't take a short price. Suggest a 3-to-5 horse exacta box of 5-7-6 (plus 4 and 1 if budget if allows)
(7) Conquest Bandido is the Casse barn's first two-year old of the meet here so I'm guessing this one's ready to fire and can upset the favorite. Exacta boxes 7-8, 7-1
(8) Harmonic provides good value as the only Gulfstream shipper and making the second start off a layoff. (3) Vici is the one to beat. Exacta boxes 8-3, 8-10, 8-4
Late Pick 4 (starts in 6th): 3 with 5,7,6,4,1 with 7,8,1 with 8,3,10,4