Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Friday, October 23
(3) Weekend Wish is in top form and has won before at Keeneland. Exacta boxes 3-2, 3-1, 3-4
(7) Livonzin has a good race over this track and I'll take that angle at a price in a race with no standout choice. Exacta boxes 7-1, 7-5, 7-2
(6) Benny's Bombshell drops in class for a barn that has gotten hot late in this meet and the two workouts here are encouraging. Exacta boxes 6-5, 6-1
(2) Sweetwater ran an improved race when making the first start over this course earlier in the meet. Now, there's a class drop off a race in which he caught a fast pace. Exacta boxes 2-1,2-5, 2-8
(8) Yum Yum beat over half the field in the debut and that was here and at this same distance--all good signs for an improved here in this spot. Exacta boxes 8-1, 8-3, 8-6
(3) One Legend made a big improvement when switched to the turf and then next time, may have run better than it looks because of a bad post. Lanerie staying in the saddle is an encouraging sign, too. Exacta boxes 3-7, 3-1, 3-2
(2) Bombo Genesis goes for a trainer who excels off the layoff and is having a strong meet. Exacta boxes 2-4, 2-5, 2-8, 2-9
(1) Awopaho has good speed from the rail and shortens up from nine furlongs, plus this one should improve with a race over the track. Exacta boxes 1-9, 1-2, 1-6, 1-3
(1a) Personal Diary is a grade 1 winner so this is a much softer spot than she's used to seeing. She likes firm turf, which she should get here and I like that they reach out to get Lanerie to ride. Exacta boxes 1-4, 1-2, 1-5
(3 Donegal Moon was narrowly beaten by an impressive winner here on opening weekend. Now, he shortens up to a mile and may have caught an easier field than what he's been facing. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-5, 3-6
Late Pick 4: 2,4,5,8,9 with 1,9,2,3,6 with 1/1a, 4,2,5 with 3