Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Friday, April 22
(5) Silvertown was recently gelded and perhaps that will enable this horse to realize his potential, as he was reguarly bet down in races last year. Exacta boxes 5-7, 5-6
(4) Explosive Vacation was much improved in the first start off a short layoff and there's not much speed in here to challenge him early. Exacta boxes 4-1, 4-3
(6) Blame Angel is in peak form and should love the nine-furlong distance here. (4) Dynabeaver is the one to beat but I'm not wild about the jock change so that's why the '6' gets the call. Exacta part-wheel 6,4 with 6,4,2
(1) Sensuous Pat is bred to love the grass and should offer value in a wide open race. The gimmick play is a 4-horse exacta box of 1-2-3-10
(3) I'mbetterthangood woke up in the first race off the layoff and has run well here in the past. Exacta boxes 3-1, 3-5, 3-8
(3) Benediction is bred to like turf, trainer Bill Mott is very good off the layoff and given the local connections, this guy may be geared up to run off the bench. Exacta boxes 3-6, 3-1, 3-7
(1) Quick Release has a slight experience edge and break her maiden at Gulfstream and maiden races there are tough. Exacta boxes 1-5, 1-3, 1-6
(4) Sunnysammi has a good post and Castellano can use her speed to an advantage from there at 8-1. No standout here , though, so spread in the horizontal wagers. (2) Elusive Holiday is a strong contender, too. Exacta boxes 4-2, 4-10, 4-5, 4-7
(2) I'm a Chatterbox is working great and the trainer is very good coming off the layoff. If she gets beat, the one to do it will likely be (6) Ahh Chocolate, because of her experience edge with one start under her belt this year. Exacta box 1-6
(6) Mo' Munnings improved in the last two starts at Fairgrounds and I liken the angle of shortening up. Exacta boxes 6-5, 6-8
Late Pick 4 (starts in 7th): 1,3,5,6 with 4,2,10,5,7 with 2,6 with 6,5,8