Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Friday, October 16
(3) Midnight Lovin drops in a class and Maker wins at a 24 percent clip on the move from maiden races into maiden claiming. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-5, 3-2b
(5) Dadtaughtmewell has two wins this year and goes first time for a claiming tag here. Also, the trainer is a 26 percent winner with horses making the second start off this kind of layoff. Exacta boxes 5-1, 5-3, 5-4
(5) Scatter Gun showed significant improvement in the first start off a layoff and was well bet in that race. Exacta boxes 5-6, 5-4
(11) Ground Force isa 9-time winner and I like to see Lanerie stay with this mount. Exacta boxes 11-6, 11-8
(3) JRock is 1-for-1 at Keeneland and there's not much speed in here to contend with his. Exacta boxes 3-6, 3-7, 3-2
(4) Cavallucci improved in his turf debut and should be dangerous while shortening up for the hot McLaughlin barn. Exacta boxes 4-2, 4-6, 4-8, 4-13, 4-14
(6) Moonlight Sky ran big in the debut and Casse has a 27 percent win with second-time starters. Exacta boxes 6-7, 6-8, 6-2, 6-4
(1) Delusional KK ran a lifetime best Beyer last time and is an improving three-year old--a combo that's often tough to beat. Exacta boxes 1-2, 1-4,1-6
(3) Toutsie Rules won first-time out last fall but didn't do much to build on that performance. Last time, however, this one ran a lifetime best Beyer and Stidham does well with turf sprinters. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-6, 3-9
(5) Reeder showed big improvement in the third start off the layoff and another race like that puts him right there in this spot. And the trainer has decent numbers on the turf to dirt move . Exacta box 5-9, 5-4, 5-7
Late Pick 4: 6,7,8 with 1,2,4 with 3,4 with 5,9