Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland. To see the analysis provided by each handicapper, choose a handicapper name on the left, then choose a date.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Wednesday, October 14
(2) Tellalittlesecret runs well her and she has 13 career victories so she knows her way to the winner's circle for local sportscaster Mike Cameron. Exacta boxes 2-1, 2-3
(6) Deep in a Dream ran second to a good two-year old on opening day here and the class drop should get this one a victory. Exacta boxes 6-3, 6-1, 6-4
(4) Curlino takes a drop in class and turns back from a longer distance. Also she ran well here in her only start at Keeneland. Exacta boxes 4-3, 4-1, 4-5
(4) Sensuous Pat goes turf-to-dirt for McPeek, an angle that is common for him in the fall. The class drop should give this one a better shot to win and Leparoux signs on to ride. Exacta boxes 4-2, 4-1
(5) Streamline is improving steadily and shows three wins in only five lifetime starts. Exacta boxes 5-1, 5-2, 5-4
(9) Sweetwater provides value on the 5-1 morning line for the Casse barn, which has excelled with two-year olds at this meet. Take this one to upset the deserving favorite on the outside. Exacta boxes 9-12, 9-7, 9-10
(2) Patsy's Holiday just tried a mile-and-an-eighth for the first time. She ran well and should improve in the second try at that distance, plus when in doubt, take the Saratoga shipper on the turf. Exacta box of 2-5-3-1
(9) Pi takes a big class drop from a race that featured a good field at Churchill and this one has some speed, which should be a valuable commodity in this spot. (10) is the one to beat but keep an eye on (3) Rhapsody's Gift, as she drops out of one of those ultra-tough maiden heats at Kentucky Downs. Exacta boxes 9-10, 9-3, 9-2
Late Pick 4: 5,1/1a,2,4 with 9,12 with 2,3,5,1 with 9,10,3