Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
Wednesday, October 21
(3) Madison Olivia had a bad start in his last outing and that may have negated the advantage of the class drop. With a better start, she wins this. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-2, 3-7
(6) Divine Storm ran a 72 Beyer last time and he has three wins this year. Also, trainer Richard wins with 29 percent of new claims. Exacta boxes 6-2, 6-4, 6-1
(6) Rippin Ranger makes his second start over the track and the trainer does well with the sprint-to-route move. Exacta boxes 6-7, 6-8, 6-9, 6-1
(3) Hunter O'Riley was third to next-out winners in the debut and got a 75 Beyer fig and that makes a strong case for the win here. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-8, 3-10, 3-7
(6) Native Indy takes a class drop and has the benefit of a start over the track, plus jockey Geroux is heating up. Exacta boxes 6-3, 6-7, 6-8, 6-10
(3) Amazing Charisma made a big jump on the switch to dirt last time at Keeneland and may move forward again here. Exacta boxes 3-1, 3-5, 3-4
(7) Street Tough improved significantly on the switch to turf and had a good effort against winners while most of these are coming off only maiden wins. Exacta boxes 7-10, 7-5, 7-4, 7-1
(1) Defer Heaven ran well on this track opening weekend, has two wins at Keeneland and gets a jock upgrade to Lanerie. Exacta boxes 1-9, 1-6, 1-4, 1-7
Late Pick 4: 6,3,7,8,10 with 3,1,5,4 with 7,10,5,4,1 with 1