Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
KEENELAND Saturday, October 10
(7) Loud Cat runs against claiming company for the first time and this one did well in the only try at Keeneland. Exacta boxes: 7-2, 7-3
(7) Scarletridgerunner already has three wins this year and this one drops in class for this spot. Exacta boxes 7-1, 7-3, 7-4
(4) Dad Are We Here is 1-for-1 at Keeneland and the class drop helps as well. Exacta boxes 4-1, 4-2, 4-5
(1) Smarty Kitten drops out of a tougher maiden race and the early pace type gets a good speed rider in Lopez. Exacta boxes 1-5, 1-6, 1-8
(6) Blaze'n Prospector was bet down to 3-1 in the debut, suggesting talent, and the trainer has a good record with layoff types. (2) Action Jackson is the one to beat but will be a very short price. Exacta boxes 6-2, 6-8, 6-5
(5) Conquest Panthera was wide in a race at Saratoga when inside was the place to be and Casse wins at 28 percent with horses making the second start off this kind of layoff. Exacta boxes 5-2, 5-8, 5-9
(2) J La Tache caught a couple of tough fields at Saratoga and Irad Ortiz picks up this mount. (1) Annabelle is a longshot to watch, as the Uncle Mo's are running well. No standout in this spot. Exacta box of 2-1-6-8
(4) Lavendar Chrissie has flashed talent earlier and Romans is effective on the turf-to-dirt angle + stretchouts. Keep an eye on (6) Salama, as this one is prepping for the Breeders Cup. Exacta box of 4-6-3-8
(6) Olorda is the pick in an effort to beat the favorite, who might regress off consecutive new Beyer tops. Chad Brown excels with newcomers to his barn, especially for this owner. Exacta boxes 6-9, 6-3, 6-5
(1A) Kings Knight is the pick off the class drop and making the third start off the layoff. Exacta boxes 1-4, 1-5, 1-7
Late Pick 4: 2,1,6 with 4,6 with 6,9,3 with 1,4,5,7