Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
KEENELAND Friday, October 9
(4) Brown Eyed Lady showed improvement in his first try on dirt and should build on that. Exacta boxes: 4-2, 4-6
(2) Artsy won here in the spring and is dropping in class for this spot. Exacta boxes 2-1, 2-6, 2-7
(1) Adopt a Kitten goes for the Ramsey-Maker team and is droppiong in class to win. Exacta boxes 1/1a-3, 1/1a-4
(3) Thirteen Arrows caught a tough bunch last time out and that 95 Beyer two starts back would be tough to beat here. Exacta boxes 3-2, 3-4, 3-6
(5) Gracequinnannamady beat half the field in the August 7 race and is dropping in class in this spot. Exacta boxes 5-4, 5-6, 5-7
(10) Eden Ridge was well-bet in the debut and encountered trouble against a good bunch of maidens. Likely favorite Metal Magic has failed three times as the favorite so it's hard to take a short price on that one. Exacta boxes 10-9, 10-3, 10-5, 10-8
(3) Pablo Del Monte has good speed in a race with a short run to the first turn and he's 2-for-3 at Keeneland. Exacta boxes 3-4, 3-2, 3-1
(3) Miss Cobblestone has been running against tougher fields in her last four starts and the class drop should be enough to get her home here. Exacta boxes 3-5, 3-6, 3-10
(4) Ageless is the pick, because she'll offer value against a heavy favorite and she's shown an affinity for the Keeneland grass, while Lady Shipman has not run here. Exacta boxes 4-3, 4-5
(10) That's Why had a big finish in the debut race and the trainer does well with second-time starters. It's a good race to spread out and do an exacta box of four or five horses. Exacta box of 2-10-9-4-11
Late Pick 4: 3,2,4 with 3,5,6 with 4,3 with 10,2,4,9,11