Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
(8) I Believe I Can takes a big class drop and had trouble in the last race. Exacta boxes 8-9, 8-10, 8-6
(1) Slan Abhaile improved in the first start for Maker and now makes his second start over this track. Exacta boxes 1-2, 1-7
(6) Wayward Sailor took a big step forward in his race here on opening weekend. He loves Keeneland and makes the third start off a layoff. Exacta boxes 6-3, 6-7, 6-5
(2) Celestial Insight is working very well and Ward excels with horses who are stretching out. Exacta boxes 2-5, 2-3, 2-6, 2-8
(2) Dorodansa makes the second start of the meet and stretches out and those are strong angles for trainer McPeek. Also, this one gets an advantageous post for this distance. Exacta boxes 2-7, 2-9, 2-3
(1) Scarecrow worked here on October 14 in 47 and a fifth, signaling readiness for a trainer who is very good with first-time starters. Exacta boxes 1-4, 1-3, 1-6
(3) Margano makes the third start off the layoff and last time, this one caught a graded-stakes caliber field so this should be a softer spot. Exacta boxes 3-7, 3-8, 3-1, 3-2
(8) Tiger Moth caught a tough field last time out and he's a son of Street Sense and those type seem to fare well when going long on this course. Exacta boxes 8-1, 8-5, 8-6, 8-3
(12) Rainha Da Bateria comes off a lifetime best Beyer, so she may be back to where she was last fall when she won here. I also like the two sharp works that followed that last effort. I think most of the quality here is drawn way outside so keep an eye on Euro shipper (1) Calypso Best from the rail as a potential key in exotic wagers. 5-horse exacta box of 12-10-7-1-11
(7) I'mbetterthangood has a good race over this track, runs well here and improved in the first start off a layoff. Exacta boxes 7-6, 7-3
Late Pick 4: 3,7,8,1,2 with 8,5,1,6,3 with 12,10,3,1 with 7