Let our experts help you handicap the day's races at Keeneland.
Please note that selections typically are available about 48 hours in advance of the race.
Tom Leach is “the Voice of the Wildcats” for football and men’s basketball and a contributor to Keeneland.com as well. He is a two-time winner of the Eclipse Award for radio coverage of thoroughbred racing. During race meets, check out Keeneland’s You Tube channel for his trainer and jockey interviews ahead of major stakes races and listen for the weekly “In The Money” podcast with Tom and Jim Goodman at keenelandselect.com. You can follow Tom’s coverage of the Cats at tomleachky.com.
KEENELAND Thursday, October 8
(6) So Many Dreams is in career-best form and the speed is a valuable commodity in a weak field. Exacta boxes: 6-9, 6-7, 6-3
(6) Doc Almon drops in class out of a race at Saratoga and he's 1-for-1 at Keeneland. Exacta boxes 6-5, 6-4
(5) D. Shifflett was well-bet in both starts and caught a tough field in that last race. The class relief should help get this one to the winner's circle. Exacta boxes 5-3, 5-4, 5-7
(3) For Goodness Sake showed improvement last time out and now gets an easier field that he faced that day. Exacta boxes 3-7, 3-6, 3-4, 3-2
(9) Alotta Skirt goes for a trainer who wins at a 27 percent with second-time starters, he's bred to like turf and he was bet in his debut. Exacta boxes 9-8, 9-5, 9-3, 9-4
(2) Etruscan's last race was the best one yet and it was against tougher competition. The good work here at Keeneland seals the deal. Exacta boxes 2-3, 2-6, 2-7
(3) Lord Commander won his debut and then went straight into a stake for Pletcher, who can certainly get one ready off the layoff. Exacta boxes 3-7 ,3-8, 3-6, 3-4
(2) Bourbon Happens showed significant improvement last time out and that was followed by a bullet work. In a race with no standout, this one provides some value, too. Exacta boxes 2-10, 2-11, 2-4, 2-3
(2) War Ranger is the shaky pick in a wide open field. Maker is 21 percent with newcomers to his barn and I like that Leparoux takes the mount. Exacta box of
Late Pick 4: 6 with 3 with 2,3,4,10,11 with ALL