Play our Friday night handicapping contest featuring races from Turfway Park!
Keeneland Simulcasting will host a handicapping contest on races from Turfway Park, Delta Downs, Penn National and Fair Grounds as scheduled on the following Friday nights in 2014:
- January 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31
- February 7 and 14
- March 7, 14, and 21
Turfway, Delta and Penn National run each of these nights; Fair Grounds is scheduled to run January 17, February 7, and March 14.
The contest entry fee is $30. Contestants will make a mythical $2 win and $2 place wager on one horse only in any twelve races from the participating tracks with a scheduled post time of no later than 9:30 PM ET.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old. (Entrants in the Tournament of Champions must be 21 years old or older.)
- Entry fee will be $30 with a maximum of three entries per person.
- Registration will be held in the Equestrian Room on the first floor trackside beginning at 4:00 p.m. (ET) on the day of the contest. Your 2013 card will be used for all contests in 2014. If you do not have a card you will be issued a new one. Replacement cards will not be issued!
- Deadline for registration will be the post time for the third race at Turfway Park at approximately 7:10 p.m.
General Information / Rules
- Keeneland employees, mutuel clerks and employees of United Tote and Turf Catering are ineligible to participate.
- Contestants will use a swipe card and/or an identification number when making selections for the contest.
- There is a 20-1 "cap" on the win wager ($42 maximum payoff) and a 10-1 "cap" on the place wager (maximum $22 payoff).
- The contest is based on winnings only. A contestant may elect to not make a wager on any race but the $4 cost for the contest wager does not stay in the account.
- Contestants can choose only one horse in each contest race and may not play any race more than once.
- If a late scratch occurs or a horse is declared a “non-starter” in any contest race, the contestant must return to the Contest Only window to cancel the ticket and select another horse for the contest race. If a late scratch occurs or a horse is declared a “non-starter” and post time prevents the selection of an alternate horse or bet cancellation, the actual post time favorite will be substituted for the scratched horse.
- It is the contestant's responsibility to check all mutuel tickets before leaving the window. Discrepancies should be corrected immediately at the same Contest Only window.
- Once you leave the Contest Only window, no changes in your contest selection may be made, except in the case of a late scratch or non-starter.
- Please keep your contest mutuel tickets until the final standings have been declared official.
- All wagers must be made in person; no proxy wagering is allowed.
- If any track cancels racing prior to the first race on a night when only two tracks are running, the contest shall be reduced to six races at the remaining track. If any track cancels during the scheduled card, the contest coordinator will determine if the number of contest races will be reduced. If all tracks cancel prior to the running of a minimum of six total races, the contest shall be canceled and all money refunded. In all other circumstances, management will determine as to the final disposition of prizes.
- In the event of a tie among the winners, the prize for that place and the following place shall be combined and divided equally. If there is a tie for fifth, only the fifth place money is divided among those tied.
- OFFICIAL STANDINGS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE CONTEST AREA ONLY.
- The top ten qualifying contestants will be eligible to compete in the Tournament of Champions to be held in November 2014. A contestant may qualify only one time for the Tournament of Champions. In past years, the highest finishing contestant that had not already qualified was moved up. This will not be the case in 2014. Only the top ten will be qualified for the Tournament of Champions. This does not affect cash prizes for the qualifying rounds.
- Keeneland simulcasting reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- In all rulings, the decision of the contest coordinator is final.
*Guaranteed Prize Distribution (based on 100 entries)
1st Place $900
2nd Place $450
3rd Place $225
4th Place $150
5th Place $75
6th - 10th $40 each
Prize money will be re-calculated and distributed based on the final count of paid entries.
There will be more qualifying contests for the November Tournament of Champions in June, July and August (dates to be announced). There will be live meet contests on each Wednesday in April and October.