- Cutting down, pruning, or trimming branches, leaves, and roots from trees to prevent damage and destruction or for aesthetic purposes.
- Cut away dead, obstructive, or excess branches from trees and shrubbery.
- Utilize chain saws and work crews to safely cut down limbs.
- Climb trees with safety devices to properly cut down limbs.
- Prune or treat trees or shrubs using handsaws, pruning hooks, sheers, and clippers.
- Use lifts and power tools to gain access to high areas.
- Fill in cavities of trees with chemicals to promote healing.
- Remove debris and cart away large limbs for disposal.
- Cut branches away from power lines.
- Cable, brace, tie, bolt, stake, and guy trees and branches to provide support.
- Utilize climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, and/or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Use shovels and rakes to clear debris.
- Submit job estimates.
- Manage work crews.
- Clear sites, streets, and grounds of woody and herbaceous materials, such as tree stumps and fallen trees and limbs.
- Spray and treat diseased trees.
- Reshape trees to create aesthetically pleasing shapes.
- Water and fertilize trees.
- Apply tar to cut surfaces to seal in moisture.
- Strip bark from trees.
- Clean, sharpen, and lubricate tools and equipment.
Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Supervisor skills required for crew.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The individual performing this job must have related experience of at least 3 years.
Good verbal and written skills are necessary. In addition, the associate should have the ability to communicate effectively.
Position requires considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, twist or reach with body and or arms, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A Kentucky Horse Racing Authority License is required. Valid driver's license preferred.