As one of Keeneland’s most popular promotions, College Scholarship Day is an opportunity for college students to enjoy a day at the races and possibly walk away with a college scholarship or other great prizes.
College Scholarship Day Facts:
- Ten $1,000 scholarships and one $10,000 scholarship will be awarded following each of the day's races, in partnership with Kentucky Thoroughbred Association (KTA) and Jim and Linda McIngvale, owners of champion male sprinter Runhappy.
- Free general admission with college ID at East Gate & South Gate
- Registration begins at 11 a.m. in the College Zone at The North Terrace
College Scholarship Day Rules:
- Each student must currently be enrolled FULL TIME at a college, university, technical school, trade school, or other such school that qualifies for federal aid. Each student must be present to win.
- There will be 10 drawings, nine from the general pool and one from the Thoroughbred Industry pool. One drawing will be made immediately after each of Keeneland’s 10 races, with the Thoroughbred Industry Drawing after the tenth race.
- After each drawing, the winner’s name will be posted on the digital signs located at the East and South Gates and at the registration table in the College Zone. Keeneland will attempt to call or text each student to notify them.
- When a student hears or sees their name, please report back to the registration table in North Terrace area for validation.
- Check the signs at the East and South Gates or the registration table in the College Zone at the end of the day to make sure you have not missed your name. Names of winners for scholarships and other prizes will all be listed.