Run/Walks on the Keeneland Grounds
Keeneland's founders intended it to be a gathering place for the entire community. It is with this vision that Keeneland uses its grounds year-round for worthy community, fan development and tourism initiatives. Each year, Keeneland is home to numerous Run/Walks, raising funds and awareness for local charities. In 2019, nearly 15,000 people participated in Run/Walks at Keeneland, raising more than $1,000,000.
Join us from home for Keeneland’s inaugural Gatepost Gallop presented by UK Healthcare.
Walk, run, roll, bike or ride a scooter from the comfort of your own neighborhood. Simply log your family's mileage on the printable tracking sheet and submit how far you traveled between August 1 - 31. Participants are be encouraged to log 5 miles per week and Keeneland will donate $1 per mile* completed to the following local charities or groups whose event has been cancelled this year so every mile counts!
- The American Heart Association
- Bluegrass Runners benefitting Arbor Youth Services, CASA, Central Music Academy, FEED, Repairers of Lexington/E7 Kids Café, Surgery on Sunday
- Cystic Fibrosis Kentucky/West Virginia Chapter
- DV8 Kitchen - BIG LEX 4 Miler
- Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana
- Girls on the Run
- Honor Flight Kentucky
- Kerrington’s Heart, Inc.
- Lexington Humane Society
- March of Dimes
- Nathan’s Hope Scholarship Fund & UK HealthCare Kentucky Children’s Hospital
- The Pearse Lyons ACE Foundation
- Shepherd’s House, Inc. - Run for Recovery
- Woodhill Community Center (Lexus of Lexington charity of choice)
- YMCA - Reindeer Ramble
*Donation amount estimated based on $1 per mile, 5 miles per week, per participant
All Gatepost Gallop participants will receive a sticker, finisher’s certificate, and medal. Adults will receive a hat from the Keeneland Shop and children will receive a Kids Club Water bottle! Medals will be distributed at the end of the program.Sign Up Today
Are you interested in hosting your Run/Walk event at Keeneland? Complete this application to submit your request. Please note that Keeneland provides priority booking to annual groups. Dates are limited due to blackout seasons of March-April and September-late November for Racing and Sales.Request for Run/Walk
Committed to Giving Back
Keeneland is proud to have raised more than $1,000,000 for these community organizations. Hosting run/walks on the Keeneland grounds is one of the many ways Keeneland is able to give back to worthy causes in our community each year.