New horses of racing age section concludes 10-day auction
Keeneland’s 78th November Breeding Stock Sale begins Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. ET with 230 horses cataloged to the premier Book 1, which launches the world’s largest and most important auction of Thoroughbred breeding stock. The 10-day sale, which runs through Nov. 19, has cataloged a total of 3,888 horses: broodmares and broodmare prospects, weanlings, stallions and stallion prospects along with horses of racing age that will appear in a new, dedicated single session on closing day.
Keeneland will accept supplements to Book 1 until the auction begins and will continue to accept supplements to the horses of racing age portion through mid-November.
The November Sale also marks the start of an annual reduction of broodmares from prominent owners and breeders Gary and Mary West. Paramount Sales is agent for the consignment, which has cataloged 31 broodmares and broodmare prospects.
Online and phone bidding to accommodate buyers who cannot attend the November Sale again will be available. For more information for prospective buyers, including accessing the Keeneland Sales Portal, click here.
Book 1 of the November Sale includes several horses with connections to last weekend’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Del Mar:
· Look Me Over, a half-sister to undefeated TVG Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) Presented by Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance winner and presumptive champion 2-year-old male Corniche. In foal to Kitten’s Joy, Look Me Over is a 4-year-old winning daughter of Hard Spun out of multiple Grade 2 winner Wasted Tears, by Najran. She is consigned by Hunter Valley Farm, agent.
· Charmaine’s Mia, a multiple graded stakes winner who finished third in the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (G1). Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, as a racing or broodmare prospect, the 5-year-old daughter of The Factor is out of stakes winner Charming Vixen, by Bernardini.
· Charge It Please, a half-sister to Qatar Racing Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) third-place finisher Following Sea, who is in foal to Frosted. The 4-year-old daughter of Will Take Charge is consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Book 1 also features:
- Grade 1 winners Maxim Rate, a racing or broodmare prospect (consigned by Eaton Sales, agent);Oleksandra (AUS), carrying her first foal by Into Mischief (Bluewater Sales, agent), and Paris Lights, a racing or broodmare prospect who is supplemented to Book 1 (ELiTE, agent).
- Also supplemented to Book 1 is Jazz Tune, dam of 2021 Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity (G1) winner Rattle N Roll who is in foal to Liam’s Map. The daughter of Johannesburg is consigned by Baldwin Bloodstock, agent for St. Simon Place.
The latest supplement to Book 1:
- A weanling filly by Cairo Prince who is a half-sister to Camp Hope, winner of the recent Bryan Station at Keeneland. Consigned by Brereton C. Jones/Airdrie Stud agent, she is out of the Pulpit mare Praising and from the family of Grade 1 winner Try Something New and Grade 3 winner Promise Me Silver.
TVG2 will present live coverage of the first two sessions of the November Sale:
- Nov. 10 (Book 1): 12:30-6 p.m. The session begins at 1 p.m.
- Nov. 11 (first session of Book 2): 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 5:30-8 p.m. Sessions from Nov. 11-19 begin at 10 a.m.
The entire sale will be livestreamed on Keeneland.com.
Horses of racing age highlighted Nov. 19
New at this year’s November Sale is a single portion dedicated to horses of racing age that will conclude the Nov. 19 session. A total of 285 horses of racing age have been cataloged to the session, which will follow the offering of 148 cataloged head of breeding stock.
The online horses of racing age catalog includes pedigrees, Daily Racing Form and Equibase past performances, race videos and Ragozin and Thoro-Graph figures. Consignors may upload photographs and walking videos.
Click here to download Daily Racing Form past performances for all racing prospects and the horses in the HRA section by their hip numbers.
A print catalog of the horses of racing age in the Nov 19 session with Equibase past performances will be available at Keeneland.
Prominent stallions represented at sale
The November Sale features the first mares in foal to Kentucky Derby (G1) Presented by Woodford Reserve winner and Horse of the Year Authentic. Other notable young sires represented by their first in-foal mares in the auction include champions Game Winner, Improbable and Maximum Security; Kentucky Derby winner Country House; Preakness (G1) winner War of Will and Belmont (G1) winner Tiz the Law.
They are among the 178 covering sires in the catalog, joining such stallions as American Pharoah, Candy Ride (ARG), Caravaggio, City of Light, Constitution, Curlin, Distorted Humor, Flatter, Frosted, Ghostzapper, Gun Runner, Into Mischief, Justify, Kantharos, Kitten’s Joy, Liam’s Map, Maclean’s Music, Medaglia d’Oro, More Than Ready, Munnings, No Nay Never, Not This Time, Nyquist, Omaha Beach, Quality Road, Speightstown, Street Sense, Tapit, Twirling Candy and Uncle Mo.
Sires with their first weanlings in the catalog include champions Mitole and Vino Rosso along with Grade 1 winners Audible, Catholic Boy, Omaha Beach, Preservationist, World of Trouble and Yoshida (JPN).
The 162 stallions represented by weanlings in the November Sale catalog include Army Mule, Bolt d’Oro, Cairo Prince, City of Light, Constitution, Curlin, Distorted Humor, Flatter, Frankel (GB), Frosted, Ghostzapper, Good Magic, Gun Runner, Into Mischief, Justify, Kantharos, Kitten’s Joy, Liam’s Map, Maclean’s Music, Medaglia d’Oro, Mendelssohn, More Than Ready, Munnings, Not This Time, Nyquist, Practical Joke, Quality Road, Speightstown, Street Sense, Tapit, Twirling Candy, Uncle Mo and War Front.