Horses from Keeneland sales and racing – led by trainer Wesley Ward’s Bound for Nowhere – are entered in Saturday races on the final day of competition at Royal Ascot in England.
Bound for Nowhere is to run in the Diamond Jubilee (G1), which awards the winner a berth in the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (G1), for his third start at Royal Ascot. The 5-year-old son of The Factor was fourth in the 2017 Commonwealth Cup (G1) and third in last year’s Diamond Jubilee.
Ward, who has 10 wins at Royal Ascot, owns Bound for Nowhere, who sold for $310,000 to Cromwell Bloodstock at Keeneland’s 2015 September Yearling Sale. He won Keeneland’s Shakertown (G2) in 2018 and was second in the race in April in his 2019 debut.
The leading trainer during Keeneland’s 2019 Spring Meet, Ward on Saturday also will send out Ice Wine Stables’ Joker On Jackin the Chesham for 2-year-olds.
Bound for Nowhere and Joker On Jack will be ridden by Tyler Gaffalione.
Here are horses with Keeneland connections entered in Saturday races at Royal Ascot:
Chesham at 9:30 a.m.:
- Ice Wine Stables’ Joker On Jack (by Declaration of War) is a juvenile trained by Ward who won his debut at Keeneland in April by 2½ lengths. Ward bred the colt, who ran at Newbury in England in May. Tyler Gaffalione will ride.
Jersey (G3) at 10:05 a.m.:
- King Power Racing’s Bye Bye Hong Kong (by Street Sense) was offered by Select Sales, agent, at the 2017 September Sale.
- Mrs. T. Marnane’sOn a Session (by Noble Mission [GB]) sold to Amy Marnane for $50,000 at the 2017 September Sale. He was consigned by Paramount Sales, agent.
- Derrick Smith, Mrs. John Magnier and Michael Tabor’s So Perfect (by Scat Daddy) sold to Coolmore’s M.V. Magnier for $400,000 at the 2017 September Sale. She was consigned by Select Sales, agent for breeder Machmer Hall.
- Tabor, Smith and Magnier’s Western Frontier (by Scat Daddy) was offered by Dromoland Farm, agent, at the 2017 September Sale.
Diamond Jubilee (G1) at 11:20 a.m.:
- Bound for Nowhere (by The Factor), owned and trained by Ward, is set to make his third start atRoyal Ascot. Fourth in the 2017 Commonwealth Cup (G1) and third in last year’s Diamond Jubilee, Bound for Nowhere sold to Cromwell Bloodstock for $310,000 at the 2015 September Sale. He was consigned by breeder Ashview Farm. Bound for Nowhere, second in Keeneland’s Shakertown (G2) in April, will be ridden by Gaffalione.
Wokingham at noon:
- Doreen Tabor’s Cenotaph (by War Front) sold to Norman Williamson for $125,000 at the 2013 September Sale. He was consigned by Hunter Valley Farm, agent.
- Smith, Michael Tabor and Magnier’s Gossamer Wings (by Scat Daddy) sold to Magnier for $500,000 at the 2017 September Sale. She was consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.