Keeneland has announced that 19 horses – including 2022 Preakness (G1) qualifier Blackadder – have been supplemented to its April Horses of Racing Age Sale, to be held Friday, April 29 following the races on closing day of the Spring Meet.
Keeneland will continue to accept approved supplemental entries to the April Sale until the sale date.
The April Sale will begin at approximately 6:30 p.m. ET and be livestreamed on Keeneland.com. It will be conducted as an integrated event, with live auctioneers at Keeneland and with horses presented for sale both physically at Keeneland and at off-site locations. Keeneland also will provide online and phone bidding for buyers who wish to participate remotely.
- Blackadder, a 3-year-old stakes-winning colt by Quality Road who holds a berth to the Preakness, the second leg of the Triple Crown, on May 21 via his win in the El Camino Real Derby (L). ELiTE, agent, consigns the colt, who is out of the Pulpit mare Chapel and is a full brother to stakes winner and Grade 2-placed Gingham.
- Concept, a 3-year-old stakes-winning colt by Gun Runner consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent. Winner of the 2021 Kip Deville Stakes at Remington Park, he is out of a half-sister to Grade 1 winning Evening Jewel.
· Curlinesque, a 5-year-old winning daughter of Curlin from the family of champion and leading sire A.P. Indy and Preakness (G1) winner Summer Squall. She is consigned by Vinery Sales, agent.
· Enbarr, a 3-year-old stakes-winning colt by Brody’s Cause consigned by Buckland Sales, agent. He won the 2021 Capote Stakes at Los Alamitos.
· First Sip, a 3-year-old daughter of Ghostzapper consigned by Grovendale Sales, agent.
· Fracing Nasty, a 3-year-old winning filly by Bayern consigned by Vinery Sales, agent.
· Halo Again, a 5-year-old multiple stakes-winning, graded stakes-placed son of Speightstown. Consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent, he won the 2021 Buddy Diliberto Memorial at Fair Grounds and two stakes at Woodbine: 2019 Coronation Futurity and Queenston. Halo Again is a half-brother to multiple graded stakes-placed Inflexibility and from the family of 2022 Fountain of Youth (G2) winner Simplification.
· Lady Love Me, a 3-year-old daughter of Star Guitar consigned by Grovendale Sales, agent.
· Lisa Marie, a 3-year-old filly by Temple City consigned by Buckland Sales, agent.
· Malibu Marie, a 3-year-old filly by Malibu Moon who is on a four-race win streak topped by an April 8 allowance victory at Keeneland. She is consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
· Mesabi, a 3-year-old gelding by Gun Runner consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent.
· Mighty Sea, a 3-year-old gelding by Maclean’s Music consigned by Buckland Sales, agent.
- Ready Candy, a 3-year-old filly by Candy Ride (ARG) consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent. Her dam is stakes winner Ready Signal, by More Than Ready.
· Slicksneakyandfast, a 3-year-old winning daughter of Medaglia d’Oro consigned by Vinery Sales, agent.
· Tenfold, a 7-year-old millionaire son of Curlin who was third in the 2018 Preakness (G1). Consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent, Tenfold won the 2018 Jim Dandy (G2) Presented by NYRA Bets and 2019 Pimlico Special (G3). He is from the family of champion Possibly Perfect.
· Totalizer, a 3-year-old winning gelding by Candy Ride (ARG) consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent.
· Whiskey Double, a 4-year-old Grade 2-placed winner by Into Mischief. Consigned by Steve Asmussen, the colt was second last year in the Bay Shore (G3) at Aqueduct and third in the Pat Day Mile (G2) Presented by LG&E and KU at Churchill Downs.
· Winedown, a 3-year-old filly by Kantharos consigned by Grovendale Sales, agent.
· Ya Beauty (GB), a 5-year-old winning daughter of the Oasis Dream (GB) stallion Muhaarar consigned by Vinery Sales, agent.
The horses consigned by Steve Asmussen, agent, will be selling remotely: Concept, Tenfold and Totalizer are stabled at Oaklawn Park, Halo Again is at Churchill Downs and Mesabi is at Lone Star Park.
Also presently located at Churchill for Asmussen is Whiskey Double, who is pointed at a Keeneland race the same day as the sale. He is to sell through the ring.
A printed supplemental catalog will be available prior to the sale.