Congratulations on Your Winning Ticket
If you have a winning mutuel ticket in your pocket after you’ve left the racetrack, we'll be happy to help you cash it. Here are some things you should know about winning mutuel tickets.
- They remain valid for up to one year from date of issue.
- If your payoff exceeds $600, you will be required to complete a W-9 IRS form and show a photo ID.
- A winning ticket purchased at Keeneland can either be cashed either at Keeneland or any other Kentucky racetrack that utilizes the same tote vendor (currently Churchill Downs, Turfway and Kentucky OTB's).
Cashing In Person
- You can cash a ticket year-round at The Red Mile wagering facility.
- Mutuel windows open approximately 15 minutes before the day’s first post.
- Typically, we are "dark"--or closed--one or two days a week. To make sure we're open, check our simulcast schedule first.
At the Drive-Thru
- Drive-thru wagering is only available at Keeneland during live racing. Drive-thru windows are open from 8 a.m. until first post Wednesday through Sunday during Keeneland's live racing.
- Drive-thru wagering can be found at the Thoroughbred Center and Kentucky Horse Park from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on simulcast days.
- You may cash your winning ticket through the mail.
- You should send it via a traceable mail system (i.e. certified mail, UPS, FedEx) that allows you to track its route.
- Make a copy of the winning ticket for your records and mail the original.
- Send the winning ticket to: Keeneland Association Attn: Mutuel Department 4201 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40510 Ph: 859-254-3412