Please be aware that some of these medication rules have recently changed:
1) No more than one (1) NSAID may be administered. Stacking of NSAIDS is prohibited.
2) Bronchodilators (Clenbuterol, Albuterol and other bronchodilators) are prohibited substances and may not be administered.
3) No more than one (1) cortico-steroid may be administered.
4) The following medications may not be administered on the sales grounds:
- All substances classified as either Class 1 or Class 2 by the ARCI
- Furosemide (Salix or Lasix)
- Procaine Penicillin
5) No medication may be administered 24 hours prior to a horse’s performance in an under tack show. The schedule for administration of permitted medication at Keeneland’s April Two-Year-Olds in Training Sale will be governed by the rules of racing as set forth by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
The following are outlined in the Conditions of Sale. Abuse can result in Rescission of Sale.
No Exogenous Anabolic Steroids or their esters are to be administered within 45 days of sale.
Not permitted on the sales grounds:
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy or Radial Pulse Wave Therapy.
- Acupuncture and/or Electro Stimulation with the intent of altering laryngeal function.
- Internal blister or other injections to the knee intended to have the effect of concealing the true conformation of the horse is not permitted at any time.
- Any invasive practice which intentionally conceals a material defect or chronic lameness.
All of the above policies are governed by the rules of racing as set forth by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.