Tailgating at Keeneland
Patrons are welcome to tailgate at Keeneland in both the paved parking areas and on "The Hill," Keeneland's enhanced tailgating area available each Friday and Saturday during racing season.
Offering a variety of fan-friendly amenities, enjoy food trucks, Bluegrass music, a jumbo television screen to watch live racing, wagering options and more on The Hill. The Hill is accessible via Gate 4 at no charge and complimentary shuttle service is available to the Grandstand area.
We encourage fans to review the following tailgating rules:
- Uniformed Lexington Police Officers patrol Keeneland parking lots and are staffed in The Hill area each race day
- Lexington/Fayette County paramedics are staffed in The Hill area each race day
- Weapons, of any kind, are strictly prohibited in The Hill area, fas well as anywhere on Keeneland grounds
- Laws pertaining to disorderly conduct and underage drinking will be strictly enforced
- The use of hot coals (charcoal) anywhere on Keeneland grounds is strictly prohibited
- “Smokers” and large “cookers” must be approved in advance; please contact Keeneland Security Management at (859) 288-4296
- Fire pits are strictly prohibited
- Open bars and kegs are not permitted and will be confiscated
- Animals (dogs) must be kept on a leash at all times, and are not allowed to run free
- No sales, soliciting, or sampling are allowed on Keeneland grounds, including tailgating areas, without permission in advance from Keeneland Management (859) 254-3412
- Excessive commercial signage is not permitted. Tents may hang signs or banners approximately 2’ X 3’ to direct guests to tent entrance.
- Helium filled balloons are strictly prohibited anywhere on Keeneland grounds as the airspace above Keeneland is restricted due to FAA regulations
- Only certain areas are designated appropriate for tents
- Tents must be no larger than 20’ X 40’, unless approved, in advance, by Keeneland Security Management (859) 288-4296
- Unless otherwise approved by Keeneland Security, tents must be secured in accordance with policy in our designated tailgate area. Please call/coordinate with Keeneland Security Management at (859) 288-4296 prior to setting up tents.
- No DJs or amplified sound are allowed.
- Tents may be set-up in the morning of the event, or the evening prior, after races have concluded for that day. Tents must be taken down at the end of the race day.
For any other questions, please contact Keeneland Security at 859 288-4296. Security is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Though tailgating is permitted in the paved parking areas each race day, the use of tents, grills and saving of parking spaces is prohibited.