Home, Racing, Sales
Keeneland Stakes Winners in Friday at Royal AscotJune 16, 2022
Keeneland 2022 Spring Meet stakes winners Ruthin (GB), Slipstream and Spendarella are scheduled to race Friday during the fourth day of the prestigious five-day Royal Ascot meeting in England.
Fans may watch and wager on Royal Ascot through Keeneland Select, where users earn lucrative rewards and support Keeneland’s mission to invest in Thoroughbred racing. A portion of Keeneland Select’s profits is reinvested in the sport through increased purses, fan development, player development and more. Click here for more information.
Friday entrants at Royal Ascot include:
Commonwealth Cup (G1) (3-year-old colts and fillies, 6 furlongs) at 10:05 a.m.
- Winner of Keeneland’s Palisades (L) on April 10, Slipstream is a 3-year-old son of More Than Ready who races for Jump Sucker Stable and is trained by Christophe Clement. Burleson Farm, which bred the colt with McKenzie Bloodstock, consigned him as agent to Keeneland’s 2020 September Yearling Sale, where Northshore Bloodstock, agent, purchased him for $170,000. Joel Rosario will ride.
Duke of Edinburgh (3-year-olds and up, 1½ miles) at 10:40 a.m.:
- Glennwood Farm of breeder John Gunther consigned Kenzai Warrior as agent to the 2018 September Sale where the Group 3-winning gelding by Karakontie (JPN) sold for $6,000 to Chad Schumer, agent. Owned by Rae and Carol Borras, Kenzai Warrior will be ridden by Jack Mitchell for trainer Roger Teal.
Coronation (G1) (3-year-old fillies, 1 mile) at 11:20 a.m.:
- Clement also trains Bobby Flay’s homebred Pizza Bianca, winner of the 2021 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1). The daughter of Fastnet Rock (AUS) is coming off a win in the May 20 Hilltop at Pimlico. Jose Ortiz will be aboard.
- Gainesway’s undefeated homebred Spendarella won Keeneland’s Appalachian (G2) Presented by Japan Racing Association on April 9. Gainesway, agent, consigned the daughter of Karakontie to the 2020 September Sale, where she sold to Ballyfair Bloodstock for $220,000. William Buick rides for trainer Graham Motion.
Sandringham (3-year-old fillies, 1 mile) at noon:
- Bred by Tom Evans and Pam Clark, the Cupid filly Minwah was consigned by Trackside Farm as a yearling to the 2020 January Horses of All Ages Sale and sold to He Got Us Bloodstock for $130,000. Ahmad Bintouq owns Minwah, a Group 3-placed runner trained by Marco Botti. Tom Marquand will ride.
Palace of Holyroodhouse (3-year-olds, 5 furlongs) at 1:10 p.m.:
- Winner of the April 15 TVG Limestone (L) at Keeneland, Ruthin is owned by Stonestreet Stables. The filly captured her career debut during Keeneland’s 2021 Spring Meet and next was unplaced in the Windsor Castle (L) at Royal Ascot. Trained by Wesley Ward, Ruthin will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr.