Offers will be accepted Feb. 27 through March 1
Keeneland has announced it will reoffer six 2-year-olds – four colts and two fillies – originally sold as yearlings at the 2022 September Yearling Sale. Details on horses and the offer process are available at Keeneland.com/reoffer. Keeneland invites offers to be made on each horse beginning at 9 a.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 27 through noon on Wednesday, March 1.
All six horses are currently in training in Ocala, Florida, with David Scanlon and Niall Brennan and are available for in-person inspection by appointment. Contact information for Scanlon and Brennan is listed on Keeneland.com/reoffer.
Horses at Scanlon Training Center:
- Colt by Constitution out of Grade 3 winner Cozze Up Lady, by Cozzene. Half-brother to Grade 1 winner Kimari.
- Colt by Omaha Beach out of Grade 3 winner Daisy, by Blame. From the family of multiple graded stakes winners Smart Bid, Ratings and Fugitive Angel.
- Colt by Street Sense out of Bambalina, by Bernardini. Second dam is champion Perfect Sting.
Horses with Niall Brennan Stables:
- Colt by Twirling Candy who is a half-brother to Canadian champion Say the Word and Grade 2 winner Rideforthecause. Out of Danceforthecause, by Giant’s Causeway, and from the family of Hall of Famer Dance Smartly, Canadian champion Dancethruthedawn and leading sire Smart Strike.
- Filly by Justify out of graded stakes-placed Fully Living, by Unbridled’s Song. Half-sister to Untreated and Ballet Dancing, both graded stakes-placed in 2022, and from the family of champion Halfbridled.
- Filly by Gun Runner who is a half-sister to 2022 Lexus Raven Run (G2) and Prioress (G2) winner Wicked Halo. Out of Grade 2 winner Just Wicked, by Tapit.
“Given the quality of these individuals and the interest they have attracted both in September and now, we feel an invitation to make an offer is the best way at this time to ensure a fair and transparent process for prospective buyers,” Keeneland President and CEO Shannon Arvin said.
Current pedigree pages, walking and training videos and pre-sale veterinary X-rays and endoscopic video submitted to Keeneland’s online Repository are available at Keeneland.com/reoffer. Veterinary exams were conducted on each horse as of Feb. 2. A second veterinary exam will be done within 10 days of sale, and those results will be available in the online Repository. Information on the 2-year-olds will be updated on Keeneland.com/reoffer through noon on March 1.
Offerors are encouraged to inspect fully any horse they may seek to purchase. Horses will be sold on an “AS-IS” basis, subject to the terms of the Bill of Sale available at Keeneland.com/reoffer.
“These horses are actively in training with David and Niall and should fit well into anyone’s program, particularly end-users who are looking at summer and fall racing opportunities,” Keeneland Vice President of Sales Tony Lacy said. “Prospective buyers in the Ocala area are welcome to inspect the horses in person. We also encourage those participating remotely to view the walking and training videos on Keeneland.com/reoffer.”
Questions about the reoffer may be directed to Keeneland Director of Sales Development Mark Maronde at 859 537-5016 or [email protected].