Tailgating at Keeneland
Patrons are welcome to tailgate at Keeneland in both the paved parking areas each race day and on "The Hill," Keeneland's enhanced tailgating area available each Friday and Saturday during racing season.
Offering a variety of fan-friendly amenities, enjoy food trucks, Bluegrass music, a jumbo television screen to watch live racing, wagering options and more on The Hill. The Hill is accessible via Gates 1 or 4 at no charge and complimentary shuttle service is available to the Grandstand area.
Premium tailgating options are available for groups of any size – from 10 to 150. Scroll to learn more.
Premium Tailgating Packages
Take your tailgate to the next level and book a premium tailgating package on The Hill for parties of 10 to 150 with RevelXP! On Fridays and Saturdays during the Fall Meet, groups of any size can arrange for a reserved tailgating package including designated tent, chairs, tables and more.
We encourage fans to review the following tailgating rules:
Though tailgating is permitted in the paved parking areas each race day, the use of tents, grills and saving of parking spaces is prohibited.
- Uniformed Lexington Police Officers patrol Keeneland parking lots and are staffed in The Hill area along with Lexington/Fayette County paramedics when The Hill is in operation.
- Parking Attendants will be available on The Hill starting at 9:00 AM when in operation.
- Weapons, of any kind, are strictly prohibited in The Hill area, as well as anywhere on Keeneland grounds
- Laws pertaining to disorderly conduct and underage drinking will be strictly enforced
- The use of hot coals (charcoal) anywhere on Keeneland grounds is strictly prohibited.
- “Smokers” and large “cookers” must be approved in advance; please contact Security management at (859) 288-4296.
- Fire pits are strictly prohibited.
- Open bars and kegs are not permitted and will be confiscated.
- Animals (dogs) must be kept on a leash at all times, and are not allowed to run free.
- No DJs or amplified sound are allowed.
- No sales, soliciting, or sampling are allowed on Keeneland grounds, including tailgating areas, without permission in advance from Keeneland Management.
- Excessive commercial signage is not permitted. Tents may hang signs or banners approximately 2’ X 3’ to direct guests to tent entrance.
- All balloons are strictly prohibited anywhere on Keeneland grounds.
Pop-up tents are permitted throughout parking areas on The Hill.
All staked tent rentals must be booked through Keeneland approved vendors. Tailgate packages on The Hill are provided by RevelXP.
Tent rentals on The Hill are provided by Tailgate Guys. Click here for package information and to confirm your event!