Tailgating at Keeneland
Patrons are welcome to tailgate at Keeneland in both the paved parking areas each race day and on "The Hill," Keeneland's enhanced tailgating area available each Friday and Saturday during racing season.
Offering a variety of fan-friendly amenities, enjoy food trucks, Bluegrass music, a jumbo television screen to watch live racing, wagering options and more on The Hill. The Hill is accessible via Gate 4 at no charge and complimentary shuttle service is available to the Grandstand area.
We encourage fans to review the following tailgating rules:
Though tailgating is permitted in the paved parking areas each race day, the use of tents, grills and saving of parking spaces is prohibited.
- Uniformed Lexington Police Officers patrol Keeneland parking lots and are staffed in The Hill area along with Lexington/Fayette County paramedics when The Hill is in operation.
- Lexington/Fayette County paramedics are staffed in The Hill area each race day
- Weapons, of any kind, are strictly prohibited in The Hill area, fas well as anywhere on Keeneland grounds
- Laws pertaining to disorderly conduct and underage drinking will be strictly enforced
- Fire pits are strictly prohibited.
- Animals (dogs) must be kept on a leash at all times, and are not allowed to run free.
- No DJs or amplified sound are allowed.
- No sales, soliciting, or sampling are allowed on Keeneland grounds, including tailgating areas, without permission in advance from Keeneland Management.
- Excessive commercial signage is not permitted. Tents may hang signs or banners approximately 2’ X 3’ to direct guests to tent entrance.
- Helium filled balloons are strictly prohibited anywhere on Keeneland grounds as the airspace above Keeneland is restricted due to FAA regulations
Pop-up tents are permitted throughout parking areas on The Hill.
- Only certain areas on The Hill are designated appropriate for large staked tents
- Tents must be no larger than 20’ X 40’, unless approved, in advance, by Keeneland Management.
- Large rented/staked tents may be set-up in the morning of the event, or the evening prior, after races have concluded for that day.
- Tents must be taken down at the end of the race day.
- In the area designated for large rented/staked tents, there will be space for one catering vehicle adjacent to the tent. No other parking spaces will be reserved. Parking on The Hill is a first come, first served basis.
- Bryant‘s Rent All of Lexington is Keeneland’s preferred tent vendor.
For any other questions, please contact Keeneland Promotions at 859 280-4734.